e diel, 28 dhjetor 2008

More Blessings From Blake

Last night I went to church for the first time in about 2 weeks. I've been out of town for Christmas.
I popped into the Won by One room just in case I was needed, though it was not my week. Blake came in and at first he appeared to have some sort of medical issue [we almost thought seiziures] so I stayed.

Blake was ok, they weren't seizures,though we're not sure what they were instead. But, Blake was our only friend their that night. Blake built a box of some sort out of some toy blocks. He then jumped over them.

He pulled Miss Jessica over and pointed. He wanted her to jump too. Then he pulled me over. Mr. Roger is just 2 - 3 weeks shy of 40, short, out of shape [well maybe round is a shape] and extreamly uncooridnated. I didn't jump inasmuch as I stepped over it. Blake took me back and made me do it again.

The cool thing was that Blake gave me and Jessica high fives for our attempts. He is still practicing [for want of a better term] selective mutisim. His mom is learning ASL and Blake has learned to sign yes and no. He signed those for us and I taught him how to sign the bible verse for the day which was Jn 3:16.

When Jessica pulled out her guitar and was trying to tune it up before making up a song to go with the bible verse, Blake walked over and started "helping" by strumming. Jessica just let him do so while she tuned and sang.

Not only is Blake a blessing but so is Jessica.She's a music therepist and she loves these kids. I love seeing her interact with them using music as a bridge to reach through the haze of autisim or whatever the condtion may be,

I missed Ernest Smith delivering his first message but I know it had to be awesome. But I sure did not miss any blessings being with my friends in Won by One.

Nuk ka komente: