e hënë, 8 dhjetor 2008

David

I don't update the PPPP blog too often. I need to share this even though it's not related to the PPPP.

One of my oldest and dearest friends is named David. David works with kids at our church. David is sick right now.

I need to take time to tell anyone and everyone that may read this that David is just one of the best and purest people that I know.

He loves Jesus and he loves kids. That's all that matters to him. And that's really all that needs to matter. His capacity to love kids is so great that it's amazing. David has been told by some that men don't work with children. Davd knows his heart is different. He knows his heart is one that was created to love children.

David has cancer. When he was diagnosed and was in the hospital, he apologized to one of our kids leaders for not being there there weekend.

He has EVERY RIGHT to be just a little self centered here. He has every right to say "Hey! It's my turn to be taken care of!" But he still thinks of the kids first. What a man of God.

Jesus once told a bunch of kids to come over to him. The 12 tried to shoo the kids away. Jesus told them to mind their own business and to "Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children." Mark 10:14

When Daivd was told that men don't work with kids, his response was much like Jesus response. David knew he had to do it.

I wish we all knew what God wanted us to do. I wish we'd all do that task with David's sense of convition. If we could do that, we may just survive this place we call life.

Nuk ka komente: