e diel, 27 janar 2008

Amazing Grace

I don't update this blog often enough.

For those of you that are randomly pulling up blogs, you may not be here by mere chance. This blog is to tell you about my "adventures" with what I call The Purple Plastic Piano People My church has a ministry for special needs kids. I've been out of church for about a month now due to health reasons. Tonight [January 27th] was my first night back in some time.

Let me tell you about two of our kids. Nathan and Grace. Nathan is our oldest child, and our youngest child. He's 13 maybe 14 years old, but he's so severely mentally retarded, that he has the cognitive ability of a 1 or two year old. He drools, can't speak, walks with the unsteadiness of a toddler. Some of the other kids are scared of him. I don't blame them for that. They're too young to understand him. After all, he's the body of a small 13 year old, and is about a head or so taller than them, but he acts pretty much the same way they see an infant act.

Then there's Gracie. Grace is 10 years old and has Down Syndrome
Tonight's lesson was on Jesus command that we love God with all our hearts, and love one another. We asked Gracie who she loved, and she named everyone in the room...including Nathan.

Nathan probably doesn't understand any of this. Then again, maybe he does and just can't express it.

Isn't it wonderful that there is a little girl that loves so freely that she doesn't care that she doesn't understand?

Nuk ka komente: